30 thoughts on “So you want to take a media vacay

You know, I have been considering giving myself a month or two off to clear my head, especially since things are particularly overwhelming these days. Then I remembered I need to promote my upcoming novel and that idea went straight down the drain. =[

I’m really glad it worked for you though!

Hey, doll! It’s definitely all about the timing. It’s obviously important to promote your novel, but once things die down a bit for you, that would be the perfect time to decompress.

Somehow I didn’t realize you had a new release on its way! Maybe I missed the news during my hiatus. I have “Puppet Parade” on my GR list.

When’s the big day?

• Zen A. says:

Well, I keep pushing it back, haha. Every time I plan to get to work on it something more pressing comes up and I have to stop everything. But it should be sometime in the summer… I hope!

2. 1cruzdelsur says:

To see clearly, simply change the direction of gaze.
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    With your lyrics do reflect and remember great writers, when they speak of life’s simple moments and thus find in nature language leads us to meditate. Great writers are always looking for the place where they can be away from the world to encontrase themselves. It’s nice to read to you even thousands of miles away and in another language.

3. toemailer says:

We would love to post your top picture and an excerpt of your text at toemail if you do not mind? Just need the location and we are all set! htttp://toemail.wordpress.com

Cool headstand. I used to be able to do that (like 50 years ago) but using the hands to make the three points of balance. Your way looks much more difficult.
    I don’t have the urge for a vacation but at least I don’t carry around portable gadgets so away from home/office is always a break.

That’s awesome, Roy! I think both versions are equally challenging.

I am a reluctant carrier of portable gadgets, though I use my smartphone for music and the camera more than anything. : )

5. the Jotter's Joint says:

Hey Britt, I have considered a media vacation but when I get that urge I slow down instead. Post less. Check less. Plug my phone into the wall and walk away. But I may get to a point where I’ll need a fast rather than a diet change.

Love the headstand. 😉

Slowing down is also a good tactic. It’s something I have trouble doing, so for me, I’m kind of an all-or-nothing kind of gal.

Love the fast vs. diet change analogy. And, thanks on the headstand cheer! : )

That headstand is so beautiful!

I set aside specific times to check my media so the rest of my days are media free and I try to always have one media free day per week. I’m not a huge gadget person so this is more of a reminder to actually check my email at some point during the day! My better half, on the other hand, gets fidgety if his iphone isn’t within arms reach…

Thanks, love! My hubby and I had fun with that in the park a couple of weekends ago. I may or may not have fallen over fifty times until we got the right shot. : )

Setting aside a specific time is super smart. I need to do that now that I’m back. It’s good to reserve time to focus on specific things, even these crazy hobbies!

7. gabrielablandy says:

This was so cool to read! You are so full of inspiration, girl!! I’m not yet able to do head stands, but I had a similar increase in focus during my break and I was finally able to do the crow until – like you said – I decided to stop xx

Firstly, thank you, love. Secondly, woohoo on the crow! It’s one of my favorite poses…so much fun to play with.

Headstands take ridiculous patience and non-stop encouragement more than anything. It’s an amazing feeling when you get it – the closest you’ll ever come to flying.

8. melissakoski says:

This is great Britt. Congrats on the headstand! I usually check out before I have to make big decisions and find using the extra time to meditate and run brings amazing clarity. Love the picture…. beautiful, cute and inspiring.