“Hu…hello?” a small voice echoes into the cyber abyss.
Unbearable seconds pass in the darkest of silence, the kind where there is an endless nothing. Feeling sassy, the voice kicks it up a notch. “Is there anybody OUT THERE…OUT there…out there?”
Well, I freaking hope you guys are out there, because I’M BACK!!!
Two whole months. No blogging. No social media. It’s the modern day equivalent to social suicide, but I promise I’m alive and very, very well.
I’ve gotta say I was feeling some serious pressure with my comeback post. So many of you seemed to think I was doing something on the brink of prolific. Then I realized, in our media driven era, taking a hiatus from the digital presence is sort of prolific.
A lot of you said you couldn’t wait to hear what I would discover while I decompressed. Some of you probably thought I was nuts for taking my writer persona off the grid. Some of you might have some questions like…
BRITT, WERE YOU KINDA LOST?
Totally. The first official day of the hiatus, I came home from my day job and stood in the middle of my kitchen, pouting and absently eating cashews.
BRITT, WERE YOU KINDA LONELY?
Totally. I kept thinking I pissed off everybody in my life, but I couldn’t remember what did it.
BRITT, WERE YOU KINDA LAZY?
Oh, come now! Don’t you know me at all?!
- I silently toasted myself for my one year blogiversary, since I couldn’t share it with my usual community of blogger besties. (Cheers, ya’ll!)
- Mr. H and I seamlessly made it another year…eight years, actually. We celebrated with our annual high five. (Yay for love!)
- I annoyed the holy shit out of my two cats. (I’m sure of it.)
- I have been unleashed into the Yoga teaching world after obtaining my 200-hour certification last weekend. (More on that later.)
- Lastly, I finished my first draft of book trois, The Bra Game. It looks like shit run over twice, but I’m still proud. (More on that later, too!)
Phew! So yeah, I was a little lost and a little lonely, but I found something previously fleeting in my life. And I’m not gonna tell you what that is until next week’s post when I go into the why and how of taking a media vacay.
I know, I know. I’m a tease.
But today, I simply wanted to poke my head out and say thank you all for standing by me. Your awesome encouragement was very much needed and I missed you all like you wouldn’t believe.
I know, I know. I’m really just a big softy.
So, SERIOUSLY! Is there anybody out there? Give me a shout out down below, so I can “see” your cute faces.
27 thoughts on “Hu…hello? Is there anybody out there?”
Man, you really did a good comeback post – taking the bull by the horns and going honestly into the process of a hiatus. I could only completely ignore the fact that I’d been away and talk about crapping my pants. hmmm. (good to have you back x)
LOL! I tend to take that bull by the horns. So awesome to see you again.
Late but surely. Welcome. 🙂